Saturday, October 12, 2013

Always kiss your children good night, even if they are already asleep (H Jackson Brown Jr)

 Every night since my oldest daughter was old enough for a toddler bed we have read a book before bed. I still remember my mom and dad reading to me before bed (my dad says it was a lot easier before I realized he sometimes skipped some words because I was tired!) and I wanted to keep that tradition going. So we always start the bedtime routine with a book (or two depending on how early we start bedtime)

Along the way we started the hug, secret, kiss to the routine. And let me tell you I hear some good secrets (I will always love you, I can't wait to..., Today so and so did this, I want to ride on the merry go round, and many more) I wish I would have started writing them down when we started this because some of them have made me laugh and I would love to go back someday and see what they thought was so important to tell me before bed. From now on I think I might make a quick note of it and share each week so we can look back when they are older. I also hope this tradition continues until they are too old to have me tuck them in at night. I always want to be able to keep their secrets close to me.

The 'tail' end -  Share some of you have fun bed time rituals

No comments:

Post a Comment